26 March 2013

Welcome to the class!


I'm excited that we are underway and there are over 800 of you, spread around the U.S. and the world. The first week of materials on telescopes and detectors are posted:
  • An overview video
  • .pdf slides on all topics
  • Video mini-lectures on 7 of those topics (the "cutting edge" ones)
  • An activity, and
  • A simple quiz

As we start I'd like to ask each of you to register on the Teach Astronomy web site (if you pre-registered on that site, you don't need to do this). The minimal information you provide will be kept secure and only used in relation to astronomy and this course. I need this to be able to communicate with you directly (which is not possible in Udemy), and to share additional instructional resources and social media conversations about the course (neither of which can be hosted by Udemy). I hope you enjoy the information and the experience. Chris I.

No comments:

Post a Comment